The world is facing increasing healthcare challenges. There is a growing, ageing population and an increasing burden of disease. Healthcare costs are rising. Current models of healthcare provision are no longer sustainable in the long term. The need to provide efficient and effective healthcare has never been more important.
The aim of this competition is to develop innovative healthcare technologies and processes that will help with:
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease leading to better patient outcomes
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
The competition has 2 awards:
- early-stage awards - for testing a well-developed concept and showing its effectiveness in a relevant environment
- feasibility studies - for exploring and testing the commercial potential of early-stage ideas
The Biomedical Catalyst supports the best life science opportunities in the UK. Innovate UK, the Medical Research Council and Scottish Enterprise are funding this competition.
- this competition is open now
- the deadline for registration is noon on 7 September 2016
- the deadline for application is noon on 14 September 2016
- there will be a briefing for potential applicants on 12 July 2016
- an SME must lead the project