This publication was withdrawn on
This competition is no longer open. Search current funding opportunities.
UK businesses can apply for a share of up to £10 million to develop innovative ideas that will help solve healthcare challenges.
This competition opened on 4 July 2016 and registrations are now closed.
The aim of this competition is to develop innovative healthcare technologies and processes that will help provide:
- disease prevention and proactive management of health and chronic conditions
- earlier and better detection and diagnosis of disease leading to better patient outcomes
- tailored treatments that either change the underlying disease or offer potential cures
This competition has 2 awards:
- early-stage awards - to test a well-developed concept and show its effectiveness in a relevant environment
- feasibility studies - to explore and test the commercial potential of early-stage ideas
We expect projects to range in size from total costs of £200,000 to £1.5 million. Projects should last up to 2 years. Projects must start by 1 January 2017 and end by 1 January 2019.
We expect total project costs of up to £200,000. Projects should last between 3 months and 1 year. Projects must start by 1 January 2017 and end by 1 January 2018.
The Biomedical Catalyst supports the best life science opportunities in the UK. Innovate UK, the Medical Research Council and Scottish Enterprise are funding this competition.
An SME must lead the project.
You must register before noon on 7th September 2016.
You must apply before noon on 14th September 2016.
Watch the briefing event recording
Not right for your innovation project? View other Innovate UK funding competitions.