This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Through the Bilateral Programme Budget, the British Embassy in Quito supports cooperation projects in its priority areas.
The Embassy is now accepting proposals for projects to be implemented during the current financial year, which runs from April 2014 until March 2015. The Embassy supports projects up to a maximum of £,5000 GBP – about $8,000 USD – that fall under one or more of the following priority areas:
Environment and Climate Change:
- Awareness raising on the impacts of climate change
- Promoting a low-carbon economy and alternative energy sources
- Supporting international climate change negotiations
- Promoting environmentally sustainable livelihoods
- Awareness raising and empowerment for promoting the rights of vulnerable groups – women, children and youth, people with disabilities, LGBT groups, and impoverished communities
- Preventing sexual violence in armed conflicts – particularly focusing on the northern border area
- Promoting good human rights practices in business
- Strengthening civil society organisations
There is no deadline and applications are allways open until the budget is available.
To receive more information on the bidding process, please write an email to Joaquín Vallejo, Political and Projects Officer (email@example.com).