Celebrating the phenomenal success of the UK Creative Industries in a week long digital event from Monday 29 June to Friday 3 July.
To celebrate the fantastic work of the UK creative industries and the upcoming release of the employment and export industry figures, we’re bringing the creative industries together in a week long social media campaign centred on the #CreateUK hashtag.
The week will explore the fantastic range of employment opportunities across the sector and look at what makes the UK’s creative industries so exceptional through innovative online content including Instagram takeovers, blogs, Vines and graphics. We will also be giving people the chance to win a day behind the scenes at some of our leading creative employers, from London Fashion Week to cutting edge games and VFX companies.
Each day this week we’ll be shining a spotlight on the the creative industries, speaking to experts and sharing top tips on how to break into the sector.
The week will not only be a chance to showcase the best of the UK Creative Industries to the world, it will provide a forum for like-minded people to share views, provide advice and make new contacts. Get involved!
Themes for the week
- Industry focus: A look back at what makes our creative industries so unique
- Behind the scenes competition launch
- Industry focus: Official employment and export figures released
- Industry focus: Employment. we’ll hear from experts across the creative industries with top tips and careers advice
- Industry focus: Export. We’ll be sharing a range of case studies from UK companies and their export journeys using StoryMap
- We’ll bring together highlights from the week, plus we’ll be announcing our competition winners
How to get involved
- Follow DCMS on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Promote the #CreateUK hashtag by sharing it with your followers across your social media channels
- Tweet and blog on your own channels sharing the great work you’re already doing
- Share your content that showcases the best of your work through photos, blog posts, behind the scenes videos and by joining the conversation
- Contribute to our Day in the Creative Life tumblr blog. If you work in the creative industries and want to tell us about your role contact us at email@example.com
Enter our creative industries shadowing competition
Want to find out what it’s like to behind the scenes in the creative industries? Take part in our #Creativecareers competition by telling us in a single tweet or facebook post why you want to work in the creative industries. We’d also welcome pictures, links and creative content that demonstrates your own creativity in your replies.