This news article was withdrawn on
Please note that the closing date for the TSol summer vacation placement applications was 1.00pm on Thursday 1 May 2014. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
A vacation placement with TSol is a great way for students with a particular interest in law to gain some practical experience of our work
We will run two, one-week vacation schemes in the summer of 2014, with a total of 10 placements available. The dates are:
7 July to 11 July 2014
14 July to 18 July 2014
Whether they are creating legislation or litigating in the highest courts in the land, lawyers and trainees in the Government Legal Service operate at the cutting edge of law and government, delivering legal solutions that impact upon the lives of millions. TSol provides legal services to over 180 central government departments and other publicly funded bodies in England and Wales and collects Bona Vacantia (unclaimed estates of people who have died or companies which have ceased to exist) on behalf of the Crown. We are one of the largest legal organisations in the United Kingdom, using the skills of over 1,000 dedicated employees, over half of whom are solicitors and barristers.
During the week:
- you will join one of our legal teams
- we will allocate one of our legal trainees to look after you and ensure that you get involved in the work of the team
- you will attend a number of events to gain an insight into the way TSol and the Government Legal Service operate
- be based in central London either at TSol’s main offices at One Kemble Street WC2 or with one of our client-based teams (e.g. HM Treasury, Department for Culture, Media and Sport, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Department for Education or Department for Communities and Local Government)
- receive £200 to cover expenses for the week
Who should apply?
Our vacation scheme is open to any law undergraduate student or those currently completing the GDL, LPC or BPTC. You must have, or be predicted to obtain, a minimum of a 2:2 in an undergraduate degree. Please note that the vacation placement scheme is not a first step in our recruitment process.
How can I apply?
MS Word Document, 36KB
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Electronic applications are preferred and should be sent to the email address on the application form. If you are unable to submit your application electronically, please return completed hard copies to:
TSol Vacation Placement Scheme
Treasury Solicitor’s Department
One Kemble Street
London WC2B 4TS
Please note that the closing date for TSol summer vacation placement applications is 1.00pm on Thursday 1 May 2014. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Published: 14 April 2014