Animal medicines improvement notice: CV Pharma Ltd
- Veterinary Medicines Directorate
- Part of:
- Illegal animal medicines: seizure and improvement notices and prosecutions
- First published:
- 7 June 2016
- Last updated:
- 28 June 2016, see all updates
Details of the improvement notice issued to CV Pharma Ltd, Godalming, Surrey. Published in June 2016.
CV247, an unauthorised medicine containing sodium salicylate, is being presented to UK customers for use in treating cancer in animals. This is in breach of the Veterinary Medicines Regulations.
Measures to be taken are:
- All references to using CV247 within the UK for treating animals with cancer must be removed from all publically available material published by or on behalf of CV Pharma Ltd.
- All reference to using CV247 in animals must be removed from all digital material published by or on behalf of CV Pharma Ltd , including CV Therapy .com and CV Pharma Ltd social media outlets.
This notice has been complied with
Published: 7 June 2016
Updated: 28 June 2016
- This notice has been complied with
- First published.