The Department for International Development (DFID) has up to £4 million to fund round 6 of the Agri-Tech Catalyst.
The aim of the competition is to increase the pace and scale of uptake of agricultural innovation by farmers in developing countries and to achieve:
- a sustained reduction of poverty and hunger for smallholder farmers
- a sustainable intensification in developing country agriculture
- improvements in human health and diversity in diets and nutrition
- a positive impact on rural income and food security
- opportunities for trade in agricultural products
Agricultural science and technology is one of the world’s fastest growing and exciting markets. The global challenges that are driving this rapid growth include:
- a rising population
- climate change
- rapid development of emerging economies with western lifestyle aspirations
- growing geopolitical instability around shortages of land, water and energy
The government’s UK Strategy for Agricultural Technologies is helping the UK respond to these challenges. It has invested £160 million in the Agri-Tech Catalyst and 4 Centres for Agricultural Innovation.
Innovate UK is running this competition.
- This competition is open now
- The registration deadline for the expression of interest stage of the industrial research award category is noon on 26 October 2016
- The registration deadline for the full-stage registration deadline for the early and late-stage awards is noon on 25 January 2017
- The application deadline for the expression of interest stage of the industrial research award category is 2 November 2016
- The application deadline for the full-stage registration deadline for the early and late-stage awards is noon on 1 February 2017