Agri-tech innovation funding opportunities: apply now
Business and research organisations are invited to apply for funding from the Agri-Tech Catalyst to develop solutions to industry challenges
Businesses and research organisations are invited to apply for the latest round of funding from the £70 million Agri-Tech Catalyst. Research and development projects must address one or more of the global agricultural challenges:
- a rising population
- rapid development of emerging economies
- shortages of land, water and energy
Innovate UK runs the Agri-Tech Catalyst in partnership with the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council. Its aim is to make the UK a world leader in agricultural technology, innovation and sustainability.
The Department for International Development has also contributed to the Catalyst to support the transfer of technology and new products to developing countries.
This round 5 of the competition is open for applications now.
Registration for the early-stage and late-stage awards closes on 13 January 2016.
Registration for the industrial research awards closes on 7 October 2015.
The funding competition is open to any UK business or research organisation. Projects targeting international development must include a UK business partner and a developing country partner.
Is your project eligible for funding through the Agri-Tech Catalyst?
The Agri-Tech Catalyst funds projects in:
- primary production and livestock production
- non-food uses of crops
- food security and nutrition challenges in international development
- challenges in food processing where the solution lies in primary production
What type of Agri-Tech Catalyst award can you apply for?
There are 3 types of funding award:
- early-stage feasibility studies
- industrial research including technology development, laboratory prototypes, product development planning, field trials and market testing
- late-stage experimental development projects to evaluate or trial commercial potential in a real-life environment