This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
DCMS and the Wolfson Foundation announce grants for museums and galleries across England.
40 museums and galleries across England will benefit from grants worth over £4.6 million, Culture Minister Ed Vaizey announced today.
The grants, jointly funded by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and the Wolfson Foundation will fund renovation and improvement projects in museums and galleries, increasing access and enhancing displays of exhibits.
- £100,000 to Historic Royal Palaces to refurbish The King’s State Apartments at Kensington Palace
- £100,000to improving the visitor experience at the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust in Stratford-Upon -Avon
- £100,000 for the Porthcurno Telegraph Museum in Cornwall to increase gallery space
Find museums and projects near you in our google map.
- DCMS & Wolfson press notice (MS Word Document, 716KB) with further details
- DCMS/Wolfson Museums and galleries improvement fund table of grants (MS Word Document, 26.8KB)
Published: 31 January 2014