World news story
24 hour visa service launches in Thailand
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
On 30 March 2015 UK Visas and Immigration will launch a new 24 hour Super Priority Visa Service in Thailand.
The Super Priority Visa Service (SPVS) is an optional first class visa service to facilitate the most urgent travel needs and will be available to all visitor visa applicants and some work visa categories. SPVS complements our efficient standard service and the existing 5 day Priority Visa Service, an option which will also be made available to even more visitors.
The expansion of our premium services aims to provide greater choice to our large customer base in Thailand.
More than 67,500 Thai nationals were granted a UK visa in 2014, 13% more than just two years ago. This strong growth underscores the continued popularity of the UK as a destination for tourism, business and study and the strong ties between both countries.
British Ambassador to Thailand, Mark Kent said:
I am delighted to see the Super Priority Visa service being launched in Thailand. This underlines our strong commitment to make an already excellent visa service even better. We expect this new service to be particularly useful for business where opportunities can arise at very short notice. We want entrepreneurs and businessmen to be able to seize these.
Other upcoming changes to the visa service include:
The simplification of visit visa categories, from 15 different routes to just 4, and the visit visa guidance, to make it easier for visa customers to understand which visa is best for them. This will also provide greater flexibility for visa customers as the new standard visit visa will allow those travelling on business to use the same visa to visit the UK as a tourist. This change will come into effect from April 24.
The re-launch of our Select Business Scheme next month to include reducing the number of documents business visitors will have to provide with their visa application if they are travelling on business for a company endorsed by UK Trade and Investment.
UKVI aims to provide choice to our broad customer base by offering a range of service options:
- Standard service for all visit and non-settlement customers and takes up to 15 working days.
- Priority Visa Service for all visit and non-settlement customers is a 3 to 5 working day service for an additional £100 (THB 5200).
- Super Priority Visa Service for all visit customers and some work categories is a 24 hour service for an additional £600 (THB 31,200)
- Passport Passback Service – enables customers to retain their passport whilst their visa is being processed for an additional £40 (THB 2,080)
- Prime Time Service – gives customers the flexibility of an appointment in our visa application centre outside of usual working hours for an additional £50 (THB 2,600 )