Updates to Monitor's 'Risk assessment framework'
This consultation has concluded
Detail of outcome
This consultation ran from
Seeking views on Monitor's approach to making sure NHS foundation trusts are well run and can continue to provide good quality services for patients.
Ref: IRCP (R) 02/15 HTML
PDF, 613KB, 22 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The proposed changes described in this document only apply to NHS foundation trusts.
Here are some of the important areas Monitor is consulting on:
- introducing access measures for mental health services as proxies of governance
- introducing access and outcome measures for high and medium secure services as proxies of governance
- additional triggers for investigating financial risk at a provider to help ensure early identification and intervention for continuity of services risks
Monitor also intends to:
- change the name of ‘quality governance’ indicators to ‘organisational health’ indicators, and make their use clearer
- update terminology to take into account changes relating to new policies, such as the Care Quality Commission’s inspections make other clarifications
After considering the feedback Monitor will update and publish a revised ‘Risk assessment framework’ in March 2015. The changes will take effect from 1 April 2015.
If the updates require changes to the Annual planning review templates and the quarterly reporting templates Monitor will issue an update to each of these as appropriate.