Detail of outcome
This consultation has now closed and we are grateful to everyone who responded.
This consultation asks for views on the draft regulations which amend the Social Security (Information-sharing in relation to Welfare Services etc.) Regulations 2012. These allow the Secretary of State to share relevant information with social landlords in certain situations. The information shared by DWP will enable social landlords to assess and provide support to their tenants who have made Universal Credit (UC) claims or receive UC.
Social landlords will include registered social landlords, local authorities with their own housing stock, and arms length management organisations.
The proposed changes will come into force in January 2015 and will be implemented from February 2015 onwards.
We would be interested in views from any source and particularly welcome comments on the draft regulations from:
- social landlords
- social landlord groups, including housing associations
- local authorities (as social landlords)
- social sector housing arms length bodies
- social sector housing tenant groups
- social sector housing tenant participation groups
- UC claimants receiving housing costs