The draft Occupational Pension Schemes (Governance and Registration) (Amendment) Regulations 2019 amend current legislation to integrate an order produced by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) into pensions law.
- will require trustees of occupational pension schemes, subject to certain limited exceptions, to carry out a tender process for fiduciary management services and set objectives for their investment consultants
- will allow The Pensions Regulator to oversee the requirements
The consultation is aimed at:
- pension scheme trustees
- pension scheme service providers, other industry bodies and professionals
- civil society organisations
- pension scheme members and beneficiaries
- any other interested stakeholders
This consultation follows the government response to the investment consultants market investigation.
Read The Pensions Regulator’s draft guidance consultation (in response to CMA recommendation).
Ways to respond
Department for Work and Pensions
Private Pensions and Arm’s Length Bodies Directorate
Third Floor South