Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The Department of Health & Social Care and the Department for Education held a public consultation on ‘Transforming children and young people’s mental health provision: a green paper’.
The consultation period lasted 13 weeks from December 2017 to March 2018 and received over 2,700 responses.
The government’s response to the consultation is published here, setting out:
- what we heard over the course of the consultation
- our response to respondents’ views
- next steps for implementing the green paper’s proposals
The government is asking people for their views on a green paper setting out measures to improve mental health support for children and young people.
The green paper focuses on earlier intervention and prevention, especially in and linked to schools and colleges.
The proposals include:
- creating a new mental health workforce of community-based mental health support teams
- every school and college will be encouraged to appoint a designated lead for mental health
- a new 4-week waiting time for NHS children and young people’s mental health services to be piloted in some areas