Tips, gratuities, cover and service charges: proposals for further action
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
- Part of:
- Labour market reform and Business enterprise
- First published:
- 2 May 2016
We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
This consultation ran from
We're seeking your views on proposals to ensure the treatment of tips, gratuities, cover and service charges is fair and transparent.
Ref: BIS/16/172 PDF, 272KB, 37 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
We believe that all discretionary payments for service should be subject to 3 broad policy objectives:
- clear to consumers that they are voluntary
- received by workers
- clear and transparent to consumers and workers in terms of how the payments are treated
The consultation document includes:
- the government’s response to the call for evidence
- proposals for further action
We’re seeking views on our proposals for further action.
Published: 2 May 2016