Detail of outcome
The committee’s report on these regulations, and the government’s response, were published on 22 January 2014 – Draft Income Support (Work-Related Activity) and Miscellaneous Amendment Regulations 2014: SSAC report.
This consultation is part of the Social Security Advisory Committee’s (SSAC) consideration of the The Income Support (Work-Related Activity) and Miscellaneous Amendments Regulations 2013.
SSAC wants to hear from those organisations or individuals who have evidence relating to the following issues:
- the impact of changes previous to Income Support eligibility on lone parent households where the youngest child is aged between 5 and 10
- the potential impact of the proposed mandation of work-related activity for those households with a youngest child aged 3 or 4
- whether the removal from the Income Support legislation of the list of ‘good causes’ for failing to attend a work-focused interview is likely to have an impact
- the potential implications of the proposals in terms of costs, administration and other priorities
- the implications for childcare provision for both lone parents and different types of childcare provider