Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The current Climate Change Agreements (CCA) scheme expires in March 2013. In January, we published the government response to the September 2011 consultation on simplification of CCA for the new scheme which Budget 2011 announced would run until 2023.
The January 2012 publication set out the final policy direction of the new scheme.
This consultation includes the technical detail of key policy decisions we announced in January 2012. It accompanies:
- the revised draft agreements and rules
- the closure of the UK Emissions Trading Registry
- the content outline of the new regulations on the eligibility basis for the new scheme
- revised charging scheme proposals
- new proposals for the implementation of energy and carbon accounting in the new scheme