Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The government response to this consultation sets out a clear framework for how local communities will directly benefit from a share of the tax revenues from shale development. This includes the principle that local communities will decide how money is spent, and the next steps for developing the details of how that process will operate.
Read the news story.
The government is consulting in order to seek views on the delivery method and priorities of the Shale Wealth Fund. Responses are welcomed from individuals or from organisations, such as charities, businesses, local authorities and community groups.
The consultation seeks to explore the following key issues:
- what the government’s priorities should be for the Shale Wealth Fund
- the allocation of funding from the Shale Wealth Fund to different stakeholder groups
- the extent to which the industry community benefits scheme and the Shale Wealth Fund should be aligned
- potential delivery models for the Shale Wealth Fund – to ensure that households and communities benefit, and to
- decide how funds are spent, and how any process should be administered