In July 2021, the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) was commissioned by the government to undertake a review of adult social care and the impact the ending of freedom of movement has had on the sector.
The MAC has specifically been asked to investigate the impact on:
- the adult social care workforce (such as skills shortages) covering the range of caring roles in adult social care including care workers, registered nurses and managerial roles
- visa options for social care workers
- long term consequences for workforce recruitment, training and employee terms and conditions
- any other relevant matters the independent chair deems appropriate which are relevant to the above objectives
The MAC is due to report back to the government by the end of April 2022.
Call for evidence
The MAC call for evidence on social care is seeking views and evidence from anyone with relevant knowledge, expertise or experience to help inform the MAC response.
We welcome views from interested parties from all parts of the UK. The evidence provided will form a crucial component of the MAC’s response to the government.
We have developed the questionnaire to cover key ground in a consistent manner for this call for evidence.
However, we also welcome the additional upload of documents and evidence, which can be attached and submitted at the end of the questionnaire.
Responses should be evidence-based and where possible should provide data and / or examples to support your answers.
The deadline for submitting your responses to the call for evidence questionnaire is 29th October 2021.
How to respond
We have created questionnaires for different respondent groups.
Preview the online questionnaire
If you would like to preview the online questionnaire, please refer to annex A, B or C below.
Please note that these documents are for the purposes of gathering information only, and evidence must be submitted via the online survey links above.
Annex A is for those providing views as an employer.
Annex B is for those providing views in any of the following circumstances:
- a representative organisation on behalf of other organisations / members
- another type of organisation (such as a think tank or government department)
- as a recruitment business
- other representative, member or similar organisations
Annex C is for those providing views as an individual in a personal capacity
We are aware these publications may have accessibility issues. We are reviewing it so that we can fix these.
Read more about our accessible documents policy.
If you have further questions, contact us at: email@example.com