Detail of outcome
Summary of responses outlining measures the government is bringing forward to relax planning regulations to enable better use of existing buildings.
This consultation ran from 3 July 2012 12:00am to
11 September 2012 11:45pm
Consultation outlining measures to relax planning regulations to enable better use of existing buildings.
The consultation outlines action the government is proposing in the following areas:
- to create permitted development rights to assist change of use from existing buildings used for agricultural purposes to uses supporting rural growth
- to increase the thresholds for permitted development rights for change of use between B1 (business/office) and B8 (warehouse) classes and from B2 (industry) to B1 and B8
- to introduce a permitted development right to allow the temporary use for 2 years, where the use is low impact, without the need for planning permission
- to provide C1 (hotels, boarding and guest houses) permitted development rights to convert to C3 (dwelling houses) without the need for planning permission and
- to consider if any updates or amendments are needed to the existing descriptions within the use classes order