Detail of outcome
Summary of responses outlining measures the government is bringing forward to relax planning regulations to enable better use of existing buildings.
This consultation ran from to
Consultation outlining measures to relax planning regulations to enable better use of existing buildings.
The consultation outlines action the government is proposing in the following areas:
- to create permitted development rights to assist change of use from existing buildings used for agricultural purposes to uses supporting rural growth
- to increase the thresholds for permitted development rights for change of use between B1 (business/office) and B8 (warehouse) classes and from B2 (industry) to B1 and B8
- to introduce a permitted development right to allow the temporary use for 2 years, where the use is low impact, without the need for planning permission
- to provide C1 (hotels, boarding and guest houses) permitted development rights to convert to C3 (dwelling houses) without the need for planning permission and
- to consider if any updates or amendments are needed to the existing descriptions within the use classes order