Detail of outcome
Our response to the consultation confirms the proposals we intend to take forward. These include:
- extending the qualifying period for unfair dismissal
- our intention to undertake a fundamental review of the current procedure rules for employment tribunals
This consultation ran from to
Seeks feedback on how to resolve workplace disputes more quickly.
This consultation contributes to the government’s Employment Law Review. It forms part of the Red Tape Challenge employment package.
We consult on ways how to resolve workplace disputes more quickly so that:
- parties can resolve their issues in a fair and equitable way, without need for an employment tribunal
- when parties need an employment tribunal, the process is swift, user friendly and effective
- businesses feel more confident about hiring people to support growth