Detail of outcome
This report presents the response to our consultation on a more proportionate approach to re-inspecting inadequate local authorities. It outlines our conclusions to this response and our review of the improvement offer to local authorities.
This consultation ran from to
Proposals for a more proportionate approach for local authorities to show they are no longer delivering inadequate services to children.
We propose to use the single inspection framework more proportionately for re-inspection.
We are seeking your views on:
- whether re-inspection should focus on weaknesses
- the timing of the re-inspection
- which aspects of the single inspection framework arrangements we could be more flexible about on a re-inspection
- how we should report our findings
The consultation document and questionnaire
The consultation and combined questionnaire should be read together. The document is available in two formats:
- you can fill in the Word version of the questionnaire by hand or on your computer
- you can fill in the PDF version of the questionnaire by hand
You can also download the consultation document in either format and then complete the online questionnaire.