Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
We’re seeking views on the future of assessment in primary schools and the implications for accountability.
This consultation was held on another website.
This consultation ran from
We’re asking for views on issues related to assessment in primary schools, including:
- the best starting point to measure the progress that pupils make at primary school
- the role and operation of teacher assessment
- how to build on the strengths of the early years foundation stage profile
- how we can support and improve end-of-key-stage teacher assessment, including the assessment of writing
We’re also consulting on assessment arrangements for pupils working below the standard of national curriculum tests.
Published: 30 March 2017
Updated: 14 September 2017
- Added the government's consultation response and a link to the impact assessment.
- First published.