We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
Seeking views on amendments and alterations to the marine guidance note 489 regarding pleasure vessels and UK regulations.
This consultation ran from
Marine guidance note 489 regarding UK regulation for pleasure vessels was published in June 2013. It has since been noted that various errors and amendments are required, these changes are:
- correction of a typographical error in paragraph 6.2
- correction to make it clear which vessels the regulations quoted apply to in paragraphs 7.4.4, 7.4.5, 7.6.2 and 8.2
- new guidance added on the survey process for IOPP certificates in paragraph 7.4.6
- new guidance provided on energy efficiency design indexes and shipboard energy efficiency management plans in paragraph 7.6.3
- clarity on the meaning in paragraph 12.1
also the schedule to the life-saving appliances general exemption had the following amendments so that:
- paragraph 1 applies only to vessels of between 13.7 and 24 metres in category A and B waters, and permits some alternative means of compliance in category A waters
- paragraph 2 no longer applies to vessels in category A or B waters
- paragraphs 3 and 4 correct the extent of the sea areas
- paragraph 6 applies only to vessels of 24 metres in length and over and is subject to paragraph 7
PDF, 3.93MB, 30 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.