Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Chapter 5 response
We published the government response to chapter 5 of this consultation on 26 October 2017 as a consultation on draft regulations – Occupational pensions: improving disclosure of costs, charges and investments. Chapter 5 sought views on disclosure of information about investments.
Chapter 4 response
We published the government response to chapter 4 of this consultation on 1 March 2016.
Chapter 4 sought views on proposals to update the regulatory requirements for investment disclosure and to remove the requirement to obtain an auditor’s statement about contributions from large multi-employer schemes.
Having considered responses to the consultation, the government has decided to proceed with the proposed approach.
Chapter 3 response
We published the government response to chapter 3 of this consultation on 1 February 2016.
Chapter 3 sought views on the draft Occupational Pension Schemes (Charges and Governance) Regulations 2016 which contained some minor changes to ensure that the pension scheme governance provisions work as intended.
The final draft Occupational Pension Schemes (Scheme Administration)(Amendment) Regulations 2016 were laid before Parliament for approval on 1 February 2016.
This consultation seeks views on changes to the:
- Occupational Pension Schemes (Scheme Administration) Regulations 1996
- Occupational Pension Schemes (Charges and Governance) Regulations 2015
- Occupational Pension Schemes (Requirement to obtain Audited Accounts and a Statement from the Auditor) Regulations 1996
It also seeks views on:
- how regulatory burdens can be reduced while maintaining member protection
- improving the way information about investments is disclosed to beneficiaries
The consultation document also includes the government response to the consultation on Changes to the law on investments in occupational pension schemes published on 27 February 2015.