Detail of outcome
Monitor and the NHS Trust Development Authority (TDA) will introduce caps on the hourly rates paid for all agency staff to take effect from midday on 23 November 2015.
Read the revised rules and capped rates
Detail of feedback received
- outlines the proposals we set out in the consultation
- summarises responses to the consultation
- describes our response and rationale for the approach we are adopting
Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to the consultation.
Monitor and the NHS TDA propose to introduce caps on the total amount NHS providers can pay per hour for an agency worker.
The proposed hourly price caps would apply to:
- all staff groups employed by NHS trusts and NHS foundation trusts: nursing, medical, all other clinical and other non-clinical staff
- all agency staff and bank staff
The price caps would not apply to substantive/permanent staff or staff employed by ambulance trusts.
Monitor and the NHS TDA will consider all responses to the consultation and decide whether, when and how to implement the price caps. Subject to that process, the aim is to introduce the price caps on 23 November 2015.
If you have questions relating to the consultation or proposed rules, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.