Consultation outcome

Mode Shift Revenue Support Scheme: administrative changes

This consultation has concluded

Download the full outcome

Proposals for administrative changes to the Mode Shift Revenue Support Scheme in England: consultation response

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email webmasterdft@dft.gov.uk. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Detail of outcome

The Department for Transport (DfT) has published it’s response following this consultation about 2 proposed administrative changes to the Mode Shift Revenue Support Scheme (MSRS).

Original consultation

Summary

Seeks views on administrative changes to the Mode Shift Revenue Support (MSRS) Scheme.

This consultation ran from
to

Consultation description

The Department for Transport (DfT) is seeking views on 2 proposed administrative changes to the Mode Shift Revenue Support (MSRS) Scheme. The changes involve:

  • increasing the assumed wagon utilisation rates for port-related intermodal rail freight in the MSRS scheme
  • offering MSRS applicants (for all types of flow) the choice between:
    • a contract for up to 12 months
    • a longer contract with no early exit penalties, period negotiable but not beyond March 2020, with an automatic reduction in grant rates after 12 months of 10% and a further 5% (to total 15%) after 24 months

These changes would be made to the MSRS scheme in England but they could also impact on rates for cross border freight flows.

For further information on the MSRS and Waterborne Freight Grant Schemes and application deadlines the latest supplementary guidance has also been published.

Documents

Mode Shift Revenue Support Scheme administrative changes: letter to grant recipients, January 2016

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email webmasterdft@dft.gov.uk. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Published 12 January 2016
Last updated 17 February 2016 + show all updates
  1. Consultation response on proposals for administrative changes to the Mode Shift Revenue Support Scheme in England published.
  2. First published.