Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Following the public consultation in summer 2016, we’ve now analysed your feedback and have decided that our preferred route is Option A. For further information about how we’ve reached this decision you can read the:
- preferred route announcement; this explains the process so far and how we’ve reached our preferred route
- consultation report summary; a summary of the report on public consultation, providing the key information you need to know
- consultation report; the full technical analysis of the public consultation
The government announced proposals to improve junction 19 of the M6 in their Road Investment Strategy, published in December 2014.
We have narrowed our designs down to 2 options:
- option A involves a new link across the junction to allow better connection between the M6 and A556
- option B involves new traffic signals and wider lanes on the existing roundabout to increase capacity
We would like your feedback on these proposals.