Detail of outcome
Read about the outcomes of the M6 Birmingham Box phase 3 managed motorway.
This consultation ran from to
Seeks views on draft regulations for implementation of variable speed limits on the M6 Birmingham Box, between junctions 5 and 8.
The Highways Agency proposes to improve the M6 by making it a ‘managed motorway’ between junctions 5 and 8. Managed motorways help relieve congestion by using the hard shoulder as a running lane and using technology to vary the mandatory speed limits.
We have drafted regulations regarding implementation of the variable speed limits, hard shoulder running and other managed motorway measures and are keen for any organisations, businesses or individuals affected by these proposals to provide their views. We are interested specifically in how the draft regulations could affect you, your organisation or those you represent.
- M6 Birmingham Box phase 3 managed motorway: consultation document, excluding appendices (PDF, 588KB)
- Appendix A: impact assessment (PDF, 341KB)
- Appendix B: response form (PDF, 77KB)
- Appendix C: list of consultees (PDF, 152KB)
- Appendix D: questions and answers (PDF, 87KB)
- Appendix E: statutory instruments (PDF, 186KB)