M6 Birmingham Box phase 3 managed motorway
This consultation has concluded
Detail of outcome
This consultation ran from
Seeks views on draft regulations for implementation of variable speed limits on the M6 Birmingham Box, between junctions 5 and 8.
PDF, 1.21MB, 66 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The Highways Agency proposes to improve the M6 by making it a ‘managed motorway’ between junctions 5 and 8. Managed motorways help relieve congestion by using the hard shoulder as a running lane and using technology to vary the mandatory speed limits.
We have drafted regulations regarding implementation of the variable speed limits, hard shoulder running and other managed motorway measures and are keen for any organisations, businesses or individuals affected by these proposals to provide their views. We are interested specifically in how the draft regulations could affect you, your organisation or those you represent.
- M6 Birmingham Box phase 3 managed motorway: consultation document, excluding appendices (PDF, 588KB)
- Appendix A: impact assessment (PDF, 341KB)
- Appendix B: response form (PDF, 77KB)
- Appendix C: list of consultees (PDF, 152KB)
- Appendix D: questions and answers (PDF, 87KB)
- Appendix E: statutory instruments (PDF, 186KB)