Detail of outcome
Highways England has published its response to this consultation, and the Consultation Report can be found on the National Infrastructure Planning web page.
The M20 forms part of an international route so is used by large volumes of both heavy goods and holiday traffic. The existing M20 junction 10 will suffer from congestion and long delays in the future if additional capacity is not provided.
Watch a video showing the area with and without the scheme.
We now seek your views on our design proposals, which include:
- new interchange junction 700 metres east of junction 10 over the M20
- new dual carriageway link road to the existing A2070 Southern Orbital Road (Bad Munstereifel Road)
- A20 Hythe Road connection
- new footway linking the A20 Hythe Road to the Church Road Footbridge across the A2070
- new Kingsford Street footbridge across the M20 and a new Church Road footbridge
- three new balancing ponds for sustainable water management
- new native shrub and woodland planting
- new wildflower grassland
- new acoustic barrier aligned with Kingsford Street