Land Registry: Wider Powers and Local Land Charges
This consultation has concluded
Download the full outcome
PDF, 510KB, 33 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Detail of outcome
Outlines how we plan to proceed with the following policies:
- proposals to extend Land Registry’s powers under the Land Registration Act 2002 to enable it to provide services relating not only to land registration but also to land and other property
- proposals to amend the Local Land Charge Act 1975 to enable Land Registry to hold and maintain the Local Land Charge Register and to provide a more consistent, standardised Local Land Charges search system.
See also the press release.
Detail of feedback received
In total 627 responses were received for this consultation, either online via the consultation platform or by post, email or letter.
This consultation ran from
Proposals to seek Wider Powers and become sole registering authority for Local Land Charges and a provider of Local Land Charge searches.
This consultation was held on another website.
This consultation is in two parts.
The first part (section 7) relates to Land Registry’s proposal to extend its powers under the Land Registration Act 2002 to enable it to provide information and register services and consultancy and advisory services relating not only to land registration but also to land and other property so that it may be better placed to serve the changing needs of its customers, align with its stakeholder priorities and contribute to economic growth.
The second part (section 8) is with regard to one such service and relates to Land Registry’s proposals to seek authority to take over the statutory function for holding and maintaining a composite Local Land Charges Register for England and Wales. This will also involve the provision of Local Land Charges searches and together would enable it to provide a more consistent, standardised Local Land Charges searches system. Should proposals proceed amendments would be required to the Local Land Charges Act 1975.
Published: 16 January 2014
Updated: 20 March 2015
- The Impact Assessment has been updated to reflect the changes that have occurred during enactment stage.
- The Impact Assessment has been updated to reflect the Government amendments that have been tabled at the House of Lords Report Stage.
- Impact Assessment and Government response to consultation added.
- First published.
From: Land Registry