Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The Government response sets out the Government’s conclusions on the proposals set out in the following consultation documents about how to implement the new requirements in the Third Package:
- Consultation on the Implementation of the EU Third Internal Energy Package (27 July - 19 October 2010)
- Third Package consultation on licence modification appeals (01 October - 29 October 2010)
- Consultation on the provision of third party access to licence exempt electricity and gas networks (19 October - 23 November 2010)
Another relevant document although not directly linked to the Third Package which stakeholders may want to consider, is the Government response to consultations on offshore electricity transmission, issued on 15 December 2010, which focuses on particular areas where the Government received the most responses.
The Electricity and Gas (Internal Markets) Regulations 2011 were made under section 2(2) of the European Communities Act 1972. They came into force on the 10th November 2011 following approval by resolution of each House of Parliament. These Regulations make various amendments to primary legislation and to the standard conditions of energy licences.
- EU Third Package transposition note: Directive 1 - gas (2009/73/EC)
- EU Third Package transposition note: Directive 2 - electricity (2009/72/EC)
The Gas Transporter (Modification of Licence Conditions) Regulations 2011 have also been made and were laid before Parliament on the 24th November 2011. They are due to come into force on the 16th December 2011.These Regulations amend the standard special conditions of gas transporter licences.
- EU Third Package transposition note: Directive 1 - gas (2009/73/EC): amendments to gas transporter licences
Government response document
These set out the benefits and costs to Great Britain from the implementation of the measures in the Third Package. Individual impact assessments showing the costs and benefits of particular policies: