Gas licence exemptions
- Department of Energy & Climate Change
- Part of:
- Energy industry and infrastructure licensing and regulation
- 29 September 2010
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
This consultation ran from
A number of gas licence exemption orders under the Gas Act 1986 will expire on 1 March 2011. It is DECC’s intention to issue a new order that…
Ref: 10D/820 PDF, 141KB, 27 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
A number of gas licence exemption orders under the Gas Act 1986 will expire on 1 March 2011. It is DECC’s intention to issue a new order that will replicate the exemptions that are still relevant. This notice sets out the proposal by the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change for the making of an order granting various exemptions from section 5(1)(a), (b) and (c) of the Gas Act.
26 October 2010.
Tel: 0300 068 6095 Email: Nicola.Robinson@decc.gsi.gov.uk Post: Nicola Robinson
Department of Energy & Climate Change
4th floor Area C, 3 Whitehall Place
The Gas (Exemptions) Order 2011 came into force on 1 March 2011.
The Gas (Exemptions) Order 2011 extends the Orders that expired on 1 March 2011. These are:
- The Gas Act 1986 (Exemptions) (No 1) Order 1996 (1996/449)
- The Gas Act 1986 (Exemptions) (No 2) Order 1996 (1996/471)
- The Gas Act 1986 (Exemptions) (No 4) Order 1996 (1996/2765)
- The Gas Act 1986 (Exemption) Order 1997 (1997/2427)
- The Gas Act 1986 (Exemptions) Order 1999 (1999/2639); and
- The Gas Act 1986 (Exemptions) (No 2) Order 1999 (1999/3089)
The impact assessment is available as part of the explanatory memorandum.
Published: 29 September 2010