Detail of outcome
The responses and conclusions from this consultation, including the revised general approval and guidance for freight facility access, were published on 19 February 2018.
We are seeking views on a proposed:
- general approval for freight facility access, replacing the approval in the ‘Freight Facility (Ports and Terminals) General Approval 2011’
- guidance for facility access.
The general approval suggestions:
- expand its scope from ports and terminals to all freight facilities which are not light or heavy maintenance depots
- allows for contracts of up to 10 years to be approved
- includes modifications to making it shorter and easier to use
Revised guidance covers how Office of Rail and Road will:
- deal with applications for new facility access contracts
- amendments to existing contracts