To support work on modernising the electoral system, the government is undertaking an upgrade of voter-facing forms and notices used in a number of elections across the United Kingdom.
This consultation contains proposals to update the appearance of voter-facing forms used in elections in Northern Ireland.
The government is seeking views on changes to the following forms:
- Ballot papers (excluding UK Parliamentary elections, which have already been changed)
- Guidance for voters in voting (excluding UK Parliamentary elections)
- Poll cards (including postal and proxy poll cards)
- Declaration of identity
- Proxy paper
- Certificate of employment
- Declaration made by companion of voter with disabilities (excluding UK Parliamentary elections)