This consultation ran from to
Consultation on amendments to the firefighters' pension schemes, including ensuring that survivors of firefighters retain their survivor benefits on re-marriage.
This is a statutory consultation on firefighters’ pension scheme regulations. We are seeking views on:
- ensuring that survivors of firefighters who die in the line of duty do not lose their survivor benefits on re-marriage
- minor technical amendments associated with the career-average 2015 scheme launched last year
This is to ensure that the firefighters’ pension scheme complies with the Chancellor’s Budget statement last year.
This consultation is primarily aimed at:
- fire and rescue authorities
- members of the firefighters’ pension schemes
- relevant employer and employee representative bodies