Detail of outcome
The consultation response covers the outcome of the consultation on firefighters’ pension schemes.
The 2 statutory instruments were laid on 11 September 2017 and came into force on 6 October 2017.
The instruments and the accompanying explanatory memorandum are published on legislation.gov.uk.
Detail of feedback received
This consultation response covers the outcome of the consultation on firefighters’ pension schemes.
This is a statutory consultation on firefighters’ pension scheme regulations. We are seeking views on:
- ensuring that survivors of firefighters who die in the line of duty do not lose their survivor benefits on re-marriage
- minor technical amendments associated with the career-average 2015 scheme launched last year
This is to ensure that the firefighters’ pension scheme complies with the Chancellor’s Budget statement last year.
This consultation is primarily aimed at:
- fire and rescue authorities
- members of the firefighters’ pension schemes
- relevant employer and employee representative bodies