Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
At present, the CQC publishes ratings for:
- NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts
- GP practices
- adult social care providers
- independent hospitals
This document summarises responses to the consultation on extending performance and assessment ratings to other providers.
The Care Act 2014 requires the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to carry out performance assessments of providers of health and adult social care services. These performance assessments are provided in the form of a rating.
When ratings were introduced in 2014 they were limited to NHS trusts and NHS foundation trusts, GP practices, adult social care providers and independent hospitals.
The government would like the CQC to develop ratings for other sectors that they regulate and is seeking views on this issue.
These sectors include:
- cosmetic surgery providers
- independent community health service providers
- independent ambulance services
- independent dialysis units
- refractive eye surgery providers
- substance misuse centres
- termination of pregnancy services