Detail of outcome
Since compiling this document the government has introduced its Smarter Guidance and Data project which seeks to simplify environmental guidance and data reporting requirements.
As a consequence of this project the Environment Agency has decided to incorporate the contents of our new annex A into a modified risk assessment overview document that will replace the current H1. This does not affect the responses we have given in relation to our original proposal included within the consultation.
Detail of feedback received
We received 21 responses and over 300 queries to this consultation. Responses came from fellow regulators, regulated industry, water companies, trade associations, health professionals and environmental consultants.
Seeking views on proposals to change supporting annexes within the H1 risk assessment framework.
This consultation ran from
This consultation is seeking views on proposals to amend 7 technical annexes in the H1 risk assessment framework.
The H1 environmental risk assessment framework is used to assess risks to the environment and human health when applying for a bespoke permit under the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010.
We are consulting on changes to 7 of the current 11 technical annexes in H1 which include:
- a new screening method for surface water discharges
- assistance to operators making a case for derogation under IED
- a new point source odour screening tool
- a revision of our ammonia screening tool for intensive agriculture
- combining into one annex accident and amenity risk assessments for all EPR activities
- changes to the H1 software tool to include the new screening for surface waters and point sources of odours and download links to spreadsheets and EP OPRA sheets