Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) would like to thank all the users of the statistics that contributed to the consultation on the proposal to reduce the frequency of the statistical publications for:
- benefit cap
- Personal Independence Payment
- benefit combinations
- Housing Benefit debt recovery
- Housing Benefit speed of processing
Given the decrease in the value and impact it would have for numerous users, the Head of Profession has decided to maintain the frequency of those publications. The consultation has helped reinforce the links with users and the evidence gathered through the consultation will help DWP to better target further user engagement.
This review is now closed and we are analysing your feedback. Findings will be published soon and these will outline any changes to the frequency of these statistics.
The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) statistics team are reviewing the frequency of their publications with a view to reduce the number of releases each year. This will enable them to direct efforts into development of the statistics and the expansion of the scope and content of the publications.
DWP are reviewing the following statistics:
- Benefit Cap Official Statistics – proposal is to move from quarterly to 6-monthly publication
- Benefit Combinations Experimental Statistics – proposal is to move from quarterly to 6-monthly or annual publication
- Housing Benefit Debt Recovery National Statistics – proposal is to move from 6-monthly to annual publication
- Housing Benefit Speed of Processing Official Statistics – proposal is to move from quarterly to 6-monthly or annual publication