- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles , and Innovate UK
- Part of:
- Driverless vehicles: connected and autonomous technologies
- 26 May 2016
- Last updated:
- 30 March 2017, see all updates
Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This document sets out the government response to the call for evidence on the UK’s test environment for connected and autonomous vehicles (CAVs).
Detail of feedback received
We received 53 responses to the call for evidence. These came from:
- companies, including small businesses
- local government
- industry groups
- trade associations
- stakeholder groups
- school children
We are seeking views on the UK test environment for connected and autonomous vehicles.
This consultation ran from
This call for evidence considers how we can improve the UK’s test environment for connected and autonomous vehicles (CAVs). In particular, it asks whether there is a case for a new flagship test bed to provide a focus for this activity.
It will be of interest to experts in industry, academia, local government and network operators, as well as innovative companies not currently investing in the UK.
Published: 26 May 2016
Updated: 30 March 2017
- Added government response.
- First published.