HM Revenue and Customs has published draft secondary legislation for technical comment.
The draft secondary legislation relates to the reform of the off-payroll working rules, due to come into effect from 6 April 2020.
The changes will shift responsibility for operating the rules from the worker’s company to the medium and large-sized organisation they work for to improve compliance, extending the rules that already apply to the public sector.
You can read:
- a technical note about the consultation
- (Draft) Income Tax (Pay As You Earn) (Amendment) Regulations 2020
- (Draft) The Social Security Contributions (Intermediaries) (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2020
- the outcome of the previous consultation on changes to the off-payroll working rules in April 2020
- a tax information and impact note, draft primary legislation and a draft explanatory memorandum
Ways to respond
Off-Payroll Working Programme,
Area 3C 15,
HM Revenue and Customs,
100 Parliament Street,
London SW1A 2BQ