Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
We received 53 responses to this consultation.
This consultation sought your views on our proposals to amend the Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010 to introduce a number of measures, namely to:
- Remove the requirement for waste businesses to have to secure planning permission for certain waste operations before an environmental permit can be issued;
- Provide a registration scheme for low risk discharges to groundwater from some Ground Source Heating and Cooling systems;
- Simplify requirements on regulators in maintaining twin systems of public registers containing information connected with permit determinations;
- Possibly transfer the handling of appeals under the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010 by the Planning Inspectorate, under delegated powers from the Secretary of State and Welsh Ministers, to the environment jurisdiction of the First Tier Tribunal;
- Make a number of other miscellaneous proposals:
- Minor simplifications to regulators’ handling of standard rules permits
- Simplifying requirements relating to landowner permission to clean up
- Correcting two oversights in respect of permit transfers
- Allowing greater flexibility in relation to the service of notices on the body corporate.