Detail of outcome
Summary of responses received and the government’s response outlining the next steps.
This consultation ran from to
Proposed revisions to the Children’s Homes Regulations 2001, including the introduction of new quality standards for children’s homes.
We are seeking views on revisions to the Children’s Homes Regulations 2001, comprising:
- new quality standards regulations
- administrative and management regulations
- a guide to the regulations that would replace the current national minimum standards for children’s homes
This consultation applies to:
- providers, managers and staff of children’s residential care services
- local authorities
- social workers
- voluntary sector children’s organisations
- children in care
- care leavers
- representative bodies
An impact assessment on children’s homes quality standards is also available.