Detail of outcome
The outcome of the changes to the provision of UK Aerodrome weather warnings consultation is available on another website.
Proposal to revise the aerodrome weather warnings service. Currently aerodrome weather warnings are provided by the Met Office with mitigation measures applied as a result of receipt of these warnings.
Changes are that aerodrome warnings are:
- to be issued via a web-based product, supported by an optional e-mail alert
- freely accessible at the point of use to multiple users (subject to registration)
- to be issued routinely every 6 hours, 4 times per day, for the period 6 to 12 hours ahead
- integration and coherence with the Public Weather Service National Severe Weather Warning Service (NSWWS)
- supplemented by a more specific (paid for) service