Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
This consultation response document aims to identify the key points made by the people who responded to the consultation.
There were many responses from different private sector organisations and consultancies, which:
- addressed some or all of the questions posed in the consultation paper
- proposed different wording for the final version of the ‘Carriage of Dangerous Goods: Approved Derogations and Transitional Provisions’ and ‘VCA Document: Procedures for Inspection Bodies: Testing and Inspection of UK Tanks’.
The Secretary of State for Transport may grant certain exemptions from regulations about transporting dangerous goods. When exemptions are granted, they must be published in the Carriage of Dangerous Goods: Approved Derogations and Transitional Provisions (AD&TP).
The purpose of this consultation is to seek views on:
- the way we explain the meaning and purpose of exemptions included in the AD&TP
- the explanation for the updated transitional provisions covering the inspection of certain tanks
- the explanation for the new transitional provisions covering the inpection of mobile explosive manufacturing units (MEMUs)
- the proposal to consolidate separate versions of the AD&TP into one single document covering the UK
- other minor changes that have been made