We are analysing your feedback
Visit this page again soon to download the outcome to this public feedback.
Call for evidence from the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) in relation to a review of the Tier 2 route.
This consultation ran from
The MAC launched a call for evidence on 2 July 2015 relating to the commission from the government to review the Tier 2 route.
Tier 2 of the points based system is the route for skilled workers from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who have an offer of skilled employment in the UK.
The MAC has been asked to look at:
- options to re-focus the route on areas where there are genuine skills shortages
- how to limit the time that sectors can remain on a shortage list
- the implementation of a levy on Tier 2 visas, to fund apprenticeships
- restrictions on the automatic right of Tier 2 dependants to work
- tightening up on the intra-company transfer (ICT) route, including applying the immigration health surcharge to ICTs
- raising the minimum salary levels that migrants have to be paid
The call for evidence document sets out the questions on which the MAC seeks views and evidence from partners, as well as how to respond.
The MAC is also keen to meet with partners to discuss the issues raised and will be arranging meetings and events.
The closing date for responses to be received by the MAC is Friday 25 September 2015 and partners are strongly encouraged to submit their evidence before this date.
PDF, 483KB, 35 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Published: 2 July 2015