Detail of outcome
Response to the bus registration consultation stating the views and actions to be taken on:
- the 14 day pre-notification period for local transport authorities
- the 90 day notice period for variations to services
- restricting changes to applications and short-notice applications
- banding of frequent services
- electronic bus service registration
This consultation ran from to
Seeking views on implementation of the Competition Commission's recommendations for local bus service registration.
We are seeking views on the government’s preferred approach to implementing the Competition Commission’s recommendations relating to the registration of local bus services. The remedies aim to improve competition in the bus market. We are also seeking views on how to make the electronic bus service registration system more easily accessible to small and medium operators.