Download the full outcome
Detail of outcome
Detail of feedback received
Responses to consultation
Insolvency practitioners are required by law to take out a bond to provide appropriate levels of security to cover any losses as a result of fraud or dishonesty on their part. Stakeholder have told us that the current arrangements are inflexible and prescriptive and fail to protect creditors.
The call for evidence will help the Government to decide whether it should propose changes to the legislation governing bonding arrangements.
The call for evidence considers:
- how the current bonding system works
- the weaknesses with the current bonding system
- what similar system operates in other professions
- potential non-legislative and regulatory changes
- potential options for legislative change