Detail of outcome
We plan to:
- publish destinations data in Autumn 2016 for 2013 to 2014 learners
- start to use the measures for accountability purposes formally from Autumn 2017
- continue to encourage including these measures in local outcome agreements
- provide more details about how we will use the measures for accountability purposes later this year
Detail of feedback received
We received 42 responses from a range of institutions, including:
- further education colleges
- private training providers
- awarding bodies
- local authorities
Overall the responses were largely positive, although support varied across the specific proposals and was mixed on performance tables. More details are provided in the above government response.
This consultation ran from to
We’re seeking views on detailed proposals for using and publishing new outcome based success measures for adult further education.
This consultation sets out detailed proposals for using new outcome based measures of performance for publicly funded post-19 education and skills, excluding higher education. It builds on the findings of our earlier consultation published in August 2014.
The consultation looks at:
- using the measures for accountability and intervention as part of the minimum standards framework
- how local enterprise partnerships (LEPs) and local authorities can use the new measures as part of local outcome agreements with providers
- how we might best present and publish the measures to help learners, employers, LEPs and providers
A new set of experimental data on these measures is published alongside this consultation.