Detail of outcome
Summary of consultation responses, the main reforms and the government’s response outlining the next steps to be taken, which include changes to the statutory guidance and 4 sets of regulations.
This consultation ran from to
Proposed changes to adoption regulations and statutory guidance in England as a result of part 1 of the Children and Families Bill.
The department consulted on amendments to statutory guidance and regulations about:
- fostering for adoption
- consideration of ethnicity when matching children with prospective adopters
- placing siblings with an adoptive family
- information to be provided about adoption support
- the Adoption and Children Act register
- contact in respect of children in care and adopted children
We also consulted on the revision to the second outcome in standard 13 of the adoption national minimum standards and the updated statutory adoption guidance.